A downloadable game for Windows
A 2D platformer that sucks you into a world in which everything reacts to music.
Flashback Symphony is in early development. It is a playable pre-alpha version for play-testing purposes.
Don't expect a fully fleshed out game yet. If you want to be part of development of this project, please go ahead and try.
Just an UPDATE on the update policy. I didn't work on the game over the holidays. I am getting back into it. There still won't be updates for a least 2 weeks, since most of the work at the moment is concenptual. I decided to go with a different theme than originally planned, so I have to go back to the drawing board a bit.
Game Updated to Pre-Alpha 0002
- Movement tweaks that will make the game feel more responsive
- New Character Model with an attachment system for swag
- Animation for all movement modes
- Running/Wallsliding particle effects and sounds
- A lot of work was done behind the scenes:
- Cleaned up old prototype code and to speed up future development.
- A lot of work was done on conceptual level to create a strong enough theme to build a cohesive world around it.
- Not related to the build, but other things like building a website that will come online soonish.
- High precision controls
- A world that reacts to music
- fast and challenging levels
- even more challenging boss fights (not implemented yet)
Please keep in mind, that this is a very early version. I am putting it out there to get feedback on pretty much everything. Controls, music, graphics, sound effects, playability, difficulty, performance etc.
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, hard, Music, Platformer, Rhythm, Side Scroller|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast|
Click download now to get access to the following files: